Adding Curb Appeal To Your Home
First impressions are so important when selling your home. Imagine the feeling of walking up to a home with a beautifully kept lawn, lovely flowers, potted plants and a freshly painted front door. Buyers typically decide in the first 10 seconds of walking up to a home if they love it or not. Make sure to WOW buyers with your beautiful curb appeal, here are a few ideas.....
photo credit: bhg.com
1. Paint the front door with a fresh coat of paint: To appeal to the most amount of buyers choose a neutral color like charcoal gray, bright white, dusty green or a soft black. (Take it a step further and add a simple wreath!)
photo credit: stylebyemilyhenderson
2. Update the lighting: Lighting doesn't have to be expensive, check amazon for affordable options. Opt for timeless pieces that will appeal to the most amount of buyers.
photo credit: hunker.com
3. A clean doormat: Pick-up a new doormat to greet buyers, this will be one of the first things they see when walking up to your home. (Pro tip: Don't choose anything too personal or with statements about pets, a simple mat or 'welcome' mat is perfect!)
photo credit: bedbathandbeyond.com
4. Give it all a good wash: Get that power washer out or just an old fashion bucket + soapy water. When listing your home it should be sparkling clean inside and out!
photo credit: Matt Blair for HGTV
5. Add plants: Both potted plants and freshly planted shrubs bring life to your home. The best way to show that your home is well cared for is to show that you have kept your plants and flowers alive and blooming.
photo credit: McGee & Co.
6. New mulch: Add a layer of fresh mulch, this goes a long way in making the home feel well kept. The smell is also delightful and fresh!
photo credit: Getty Images
Do you want help determining what projects should be tackled before listing your home? Every Heart of the Lakes Team listing receives a staging consulation with our full time stager!
Reach out for more info!